At Rainforest Adventures, you can give your child(ren) the chance to learn about nature and her secrets during your family vacation in Costa Rica. Through interactive workshops and special packages, we enable you and your family to discover the beauty and excitement of the rainforest.
This day is full of exotic tropical colors and sensory exploration in the middle of the forest, perfect for family vacations with small children and fun for everyone. Your guide will greet you and "tattoo” you with a safe, washable natural ink that comes from the yellow fruit of a tropical plant. You’ll stop at our Color Station, which is a small garden of plants and seeds, which your children will use to perform an entertaining experiment.
While you continue with another guide through the standard tour, your children will continue playing in the painting workshop. They can design their own T-shirt with natural dyes, or make their own fossil of exotic leaves. This tour is complemented with a flight through the treetops on the Aerial Tram and a delicious traditional Costa Rican meal for the whole family.
- Child-friendly vacation
- Enjoyable for parents and kids
- Safe and educational experience
- Unmatched wilderness views
- Professionally and safely organized
- Suitable for Children: From 3 to 12 years old.
- Tour Duration: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Color and Texture Workshop: Children will work with natural dyes. We provide all materials. The workshop takes place at our garden benches, next to our main building.
- Specialized naturalist guides, experienced in working with children
- Visit to the Butterflies & Frogs Garden
- Color and Texture Workshop including all materials
- The child’s piece of art, the painted tropical
- T-shirt or their painted fossil
- Aerial Tram tour
Recommended Clothing and Gear
- Light clothes
- Insect repellent