One of the most exciting things to do in Costa Rica, our Corinto River Costa Rica Trekking Tour begins at the main building of our Costa Rica Atlantic ecotourism park. Board the aerial tram, which will carry us to Tower 12. Along the way, you’ll become educated on how to safely explore real primary rainforest, and then you’ll begin your hike down to the Corinto River.
After a rest on the riverbank and a well-deserved picnic-style lunch, you’ll hike back to Tower 12. This time you’ll walk along the trail that separates the Rainforest Adventures from Braulio Carrillo National Park.
Back at our main facilities, you can take a shower and take off all the mud, leaves and branches you might have collected during your hike.
Departure for San José is at 4 pm, and you’ll get back to your hotel around 5:30 pm.
The Perfect Costa Rica Atlantic Rainforest Trekking Tour
- Hike through authentic primary tropical rainforest
- Crystalline water and pools in a river surrounded by rainforest
- Learn how to safely explore the tropical rainforest
- Unmatched views of wilderness
- Professionally organized with a safety-first attitude
Fitness Level Required: Very good
Tour Duration: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tram Ride: 1 hour
Change in Elevation: 145 meters (475 feet)
Walking Distance: 4 1/2- 5 km (approx. 3 miles)
Trekking Time: 4-5 hours
Terrain Description: Several stretches can be a bit physically challenging. Parts of the trail may be muddy, and you have to ascend and descend irregular terrain in the middle of the forest.
- Transportation within the park
- Hearty breakfast
- Picnic - style lunch
- Guided trekking tour
- Tour on the Aerial Tram
- Guided tour with emphasis on real tips for hiking in tropical forest
- Specialized guide and local guide support (safety is always first)
- Round-trip transportation from San José available!
Recommended Clothing and Gear
- An extra pair of shoes
- Bathing suit
- Comfortable backpack
- Hat or cap
- Hiking boots or rubber boots with good traction
- Insect repellent
- Long, dark-colored pants for hiking
- Long-sleeve, dark-colored shirt
- Small towel
- Sun block and sunglasses
- Video and photographic equipment
- Warm shirt
- A complete change of clothes
How do we ensure your safety?
- Certified rescue equipment
- Our trained rescue brigades take extensive rescue training programs (twice a year) provided by certified Red Cross representatives
- 24-hour radio communication
- Each guide and staff member within the park is equipped with a radio communication device
- Each guide has a rope to bring rescue equipment to the gondola if necessary. Our evacuation system is controlled from the ground by our trained rescue brigades.
- Paramedic assistance
- First-aid room
We reserve the right to cancel or modify the tour due to climatic circumstances in order to ensure your safety.
Note: We offer individual, group and customized tours. Contact us for more information.
Buy trekking tour tickets online now to get 10% discount on every ticket purchase!